Contact Us

About Parfetts

Learn more about Parfetts... The Independent, for Independents Cash & Carry

Parefetts Image

To continue to grow a successful and profitable business, incorporating the values and ethics of an employee owned company, and to encourage a collective responsibility, that recognises the importance of the welfare and development of both employees and customers.

 

Parfetts Cash & Carry is a name that is renowned amongst retailers and caterers throughout the North West, as the region's foremost independent cash & carry.

The company supplies a comprehensive range of food, drink and tobacco lines, whilst achieving standards of quality, value and service that are unrivalled in the industry. This dedicated approach has ensured that Parfetts has grown steadily since it was first founded in Stockport in 1980. Now, three decades later, the company also has branches in Halifax, Somercotes, Sheffield and two Merseyside depots in Aintree and Anfield.

The company structure underwent a major change in 2008, moving towards becoming an employee owned business, with 55% of the shares sold by the Parfett family and now owned by an Employee Ownership Trust on behalf of all the staff. The Trust are committed to buying the remaining 45% of the shares at a future date to achieve the aim of Parfetts becoming fully employee-owned. This is enshrined in the company's basic philosophy which displayed to the left.

Meet the Senior Team

  • David Grimes

    Managing Director Bio

    David made the position of Finance Director his own after taking over in 2006, and as a result of this was asked by the Board to accept the position of Managing Director in 2011. This is the culmination of a long and successful career at Parfetts, firstly as Company Accountant and then as Deputy General Manager of the Sheffield depot as part of the team who handled its opening - a role for which he received an FWD Gold Medal.
    Close

  • Greg Suszczenia

    Trading Director Bio

    Greg has a wealth of experience across all aspects of the business, having started as a junior buyer, progressing to managing Parfetts' Halifax depot, before briefly leaving the company to start up his own independent retail stores. He returned to Parfetts in 2008 as a member of the Head Office trading team, before taking over as Trading Director on 1st January 2010.
    Close

  • Andy Whitworth

    Head of Customer Development Bio

    In 2004 Andy became General Manager of our Halifax Depot when Greg left to start his own business. In 2010 Andy spent 15 months running Parfetts Local 4 U retail estate before returning to Halifax, and then in April 2012 appointed as Head of Customer Development. In Andy's current role he is responsible for the management of the 3 tier Go Local Retail Club promotional programme, including Retail Promotional Execution and Compliance, Retail Store Developments, 2 Fascia Schemes, Supplier Category Partnerships and Click & Collect, in addition to this Andy also looks after the drop shipment direct to store programme and nominated service provider schemes.
    Close

Head Office team

Scroll with your mouse or use the arrows to the right to navigate through our head office team profiles.

  • Bill Taylor - Soft Drinks / Confec Trading Manager

    Bill Taylor

    Soft Drinks / Confec Trading Manager
  • Simon Chadwick - Grocery / Chilled & Frozen Trading Manager

    Simon Chadwick

    Grocery / Chilled & Frozen Trading Manager
  • Matt Norbury - Wines & Spirits / Non Food Trading Manager

    Matt Norbury

    Wines & Spirits / Non Food Trading Manager
  • Guy Swindell - Marketing & PR Manager

    Guy Swindell

    Marketing & PR Manager
  • Iain Martin - Company Accountant

    Iain Martin

    Company Accountant
  • Alan McGovern - Personnel and Training Manager

    Alan McGovern

    Personnel and Training Manager
  • Louise Mountford - Deputy Personnel & Training Manager

    Louise Mountford

    Deputy Personnel & Training Manager
  • James Underwood - General Manager Retail

    James Underwood

    General Manager Retail
  • Paul Rodwell - Customer Development Manager

    Paul Rodwell

    Customer Development Manager
  • Simon Hardisty - I.T Manager

    Simon Hardisty

    I.T Manager
  • Janet McCarrick - Purchase Ledger Controller

    Janet McCarrick

    Purchase Ledger Controller

Depot General Managers

Scroll with your mouse or use the arrows to the right to navigate through our head office team profiles.

  • Gary Kenwright - Anfield

    Gary Kenwright

    Anfield
  • Paul Mason - Aintree

    Paul Mason

    Aintree
  • Chris Carter - Sheffield

    Chris Carter

    Sheffield
  • Iain Bell - Somercotes

    Iain Bell

    Somercotes
  • Peter Mullan - Stockport

    Peter Mullan

    Stockport
  • Jason Lough - Halifax

    Jason Lough

    Halifax